By submitting this form to the WSO, your group is agreeing to comply with Tradition Three and the OA Bylaws, Subpart B, Article V as stated below.
TRADITION THREE: The only requirement for OA membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively.
ARTICLE V – OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS GROUPS
Section 1 – Definition
a) These points shall define an Overeaters Anonymous group:
1) As a group, they meet to practice the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, guided by the Twelve Concepts of OA Service.
2) All who have the desire to stop eating compulsively are welcome in the group.
3) No member is required to practice any actions in order to remain a member or to have a voice (share at a meeting).
4) As a group they have no affiliation other than Overeaters Anonymous.
5) It has affiliated as an Overeaters Anonymous group by registering with the World Service Office.
b) Virtual groups (groups which replicate face-to-face meetings through electronic media) may be an Overeaters Anonymous group
Section 2 – Composition
a) A group may be formed by two or more persons meeting together as set forth in Article V, Section 1 by two or more persons meeting together either
1) in the same physical location (land-based);
2) through some form of electronic device (virtual); or