About Virtual Services
What is a Virtual Service Board (VSB)?
Virtual Intergroups are created by two or more virtual groups that have a commonality (such as format or focus) and a desire to share information and help each other thrive.
Find more info about Virtual Groups
Why form a Virtual Intergroup?
- Virtual Intergroups allow virtual groups to have a voice and a vote in what happens to OA as a whole by attending the World Service Business Conference (WSBC)
- Send motions to WSBC
- Set up website presence
- Member phone list
- Sponsor list
- Moderator training
- Communication – Keep WSO current about meetings and act as liaison to WSO
- Let people know your meeting exists with bulletin boards / community calendars / newspapers
- Sponsor and arrange workshops, marathons, and other special events
- Deal with common problems
- Help to create and support a newsletter
- Allow the Fellowship as a whole to see that members of virtual meetings have strong recovery and are a part of Overeaters Anonymous.
How to form a Virtual Itergroup
- Take a Group Conscience in meetings. Two or more registered OA meetings must desire to form a virtual intergroup
- Prepare a Statement of Purpose (SOP) or Bylaws
- Elect officers (suggest Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and possibly Vice-Chair)
- Set up bank account or Internet Payment Account to collect 7th Tradition
- To register your meeting use this Registration Form. Submit your Statement of Purpose or Bylaws to WSO by email or post.