Following the delegates’ decision at World Service Business Conference 2021 to revise OA’s Abstinence and Recovery Policy, all suggested meeting formats on oa.org have been revised to include the new policy language:
“Abstinence is the action of refraining from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors while working towards or maintaining a healthy body weight.
“Spiritual, emotional, and physical recovery is the result of living and working the Overeaters Anonymous Twelve Step program on a daily basis.”
The revised formats are as follows:
- Suggested Meeting Format
- Lifeline Meeting Format
- Suggested Reading and Writing Meeting Format
- Suggested Recovery-from Relapse Meeting Format
- Suggested Step-Study Meeting Format
- Suggested Telephone Meeting Format
- Suggested Young People’s Meeting Format
You can find all of our suggested meeting formats in the Document Library under category “Meeting Formats.”
Spread the word! Let your meeting secretary know about this change, which affects OA as a whole.