Keeping your meeting information current not only makes it easier for newcomers and members to find you, but is also another way for you to practice the Twelfth Step, by carrying the message to compulsive eaters.
World Service Office agreement
By submitting this form to the World Service Office, your group is agreeing to comply with Tradition Three and the OA Bylaws, Subpart B, Article V as stated below.
TRADITION THREE: The only requirement for OA membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively.
ARTICLE V – OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS GROUPS
Section 1 – Definition
These points shall define an Overeaters Anonymous group:
- As a group, they meet to practice the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, guided by the Twelve Concepts of OA Service.
- All who have the desire to stop eating compulsively are welcome in the group.
- No member is required to practice any actions in order to remain a member or to have a voice (share at a meeting).
- As a group they have no affiliation other than Overeaters Anonymous.
- It has affiliated as an Overeaters Anonymous group by registering with the World Service Office.
Section 2 – Composition
- A group may be formed as set forth in Article V, Section 1 by two or more persons meeting together, either:
- in the same physical location (land-based);
- through some form of electronic device (virtual); or
- both (hybrid).