Concepts of Service: The Heart of Fellowship
April 25-29, 2023
Face-to-face attendance only. No virtual attendance.
NEW REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 17, 2023
REGISTRATION IS OPEN. The online registration form is hosted on an external, third-party website. Delegates, please follow the instructions included in the form to register and make payment for WSBC 2023. The registration fee is US$200 per delegate. This is a face-to-face event ONLY.
DO NOT complete the registration form IF you are an alternate OR a recipient of World Service Delegate Support funds. Instead, please contact Znona Fern at email@example.com or 1-505-891-2664 for registration instructions.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has made updates to its COVID-19 protocols. In response, OA is making the following changes to our meeting protocols for WSBC 2023.
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required for participation at our meetings.
- We will comply with all local and state mandates around mask adherence, testing, or vaccine requirements. Currently, there are no restrictions in New Mexico.
- Masks will be optional for WSBC 2023.
- If there are updates to CDC guidelines or local/state mandates, we will notify all attendees of our updated COVID-19 policy.
- Hand sanitizers will be available in all meeting spaces and common areas hosted by OA.
- We request that if you are experiencing health issues or have been exposed to COVID-19, please refrain from attending.
NOTE: Additional federal regulations may be in place for those entering the US that are beyond OA’s control.
Our room block with the Embassy Suites Albuquerque is currently full. We are working with the hotel to secure additional rooms. We appreciate your patience. (updated February 15)
Make your room reservation online or call Embassy Suites at +1 505-245-7100. Use group code “OAI.” Attendees are responsible for making their own reservations. The WSO does not make reservations.
Embassy Suites Albuquerque Hotel guestrooms are available from April 20, 2023 to May 3, 2023. Room rate is US$149 per night, any occupancy, plus US$20.67 tax, for a total of US$169.67 per night. Rate includes breakfast, refrigerator, microwave, internet, and dinner shuttles. Tax is subject to change.
Frequently Used Documents
- 2023 Deadline Dates (revised February 2023)
- 2023 Delegate Support Fund Application (Interactive PDF)
- 2023 Tentative Conference Agenda (revised March 2023)
- 2022 Final Conference Report
- 2022 Wrap-Up Report
- Business Conference Policy Manual (6/22): Manual that includes Conference policies. Now indexed.
- Bylaws, Subpart A (6/22): Governing document for OA, Inc.
- Bylaws, Subpart B (5/22): Governing document setting out the identity, rights, and privileges for OA members
- Contributions Report – 2022
- How to Submit a Motion to WSBC
- Nine-minute downloadable video (link opens to third-party website)
- Editable and translatable PPTX slideshow (LARGE FILE)
- Overeaters Anonymous, Inc. Fiscal Year 2021 Financial Audit
- Sample Motion Instructions and Form (DOCX file) – This will download automatically.
- Trustee Nominee Application Instructions
- Trustee Nominee Application
- Important Information
- Questionnaire Final Results
- Trustee Applications
- Literature Order Instructions
- Airport Transportation Options
- Grocery/Dinner Shuttle Information
- Manuscript: Diverse Voices: A Common Solution (DRAFT—Not for Distribution)
- Manuscript: Sponsorship in OA: Guiding Others into Recovery (DRAFT—Not for Distribution)
- Conference Planning Committee Chair’s Letter
- Important Delegate Information
- Agenda Questionnaire Instructions (includes link to online Questionnaire)
- Agenda Questionnaire Summary
- Proposed New Business Motions
- Proposed Bylaw Amendments
- Board of Trustees Chair’s Welcome Letter
- Getting Ready for WSBC 2023
The World Service Business Conference Needs You! Every year, volunteers serve the Fellowship by assisting at the WSBC. We need volunteers from Tuesday, April 25 through Saturday, April 29 for any number of days or amount of time. Your service can make a difference at the Conference Support Committee desk, in the business meetings as pages and timers, and in a variety of other roles. For information on volunteering for Conference, please download the Volunteer Information or contact the World Service Office at 1-505-891-2664.
Future Conference Venues/Dates
Dates to be determined.